[erlang-questions] json_to_term EEP

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Tue Jul 29 16:07:55 CEST 2008

You will have to forgive but I am now going to do something which I hate
when others do it: comment without really knowing much about the topic. :-)
Why not just use option (B) and have the empty object as {[]}? It is always
consistent and the empty object is easily from the empty list and empty
string. I don't see having the extra tuple should cause any problems, but
then again I am no expert.

I would prefer to always have strings in *one* format and not special case
keys with atoms sometimes. Otherwise to be certain you would have to match
both atom and binary to find key. Unless you *always* use atoms for keys,
which could easily explode.

Robert