[erlang-questions] How many fragments would be proper for 1milions records in mensia?

devdoer bird devdoer2@REDACTED
Mon Jul 28 12:28:03 CEST 2008

2008/7/28, Valentin Micic <valentin@REDACTED>:

> I'd say that also depends on what storage method you're using. Thus, in a
> case you're planning to use DETS (disc_only_copy), you may want to consider
> fragmentation even for 1 million... In my experience, the performance
> deteriorates(*) when table gets populated beyond, say, 250,000 entries (if
> entries are reasonably complex terms).

Oh,that will be a problem.Can I say mnesia is not proper for very large
data-set?
If I keep every fragment 250,000 records, then 100 million records will be
distrubted in
400 fragments,is  it a problem for mnesia?
What's the size of your largest mnesia table in your application ?