[erlang-questions] fast JSON parser in C

Rick R rick.richardson@REDACTED
Thu Jul 24 20:25:03 CEST 2008

I second this. I have not yet gotten to the point in my project where I need
this. But it is certainly a need looming out there on the horizon. With
Yaws/Erlyweb/MochiWeb/etc becoming more prevalent and important. I could see
this being a huge win for ajax/comet libraries.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Jonathan Gray <jlist@REDACTED> wrote:

> Joe,
>
> It would certainly ease our integration.  JSON is certainly becoming
> ubiquitous and tighter integration with Erlang would be very useful.
>
> One note, in my current implementation and in general, there's no real
> direct mapping for JSON objects/dictionaries.  While Erlang does have
> dicts,
> we were never able to "create" them using erl_interface/ei, though I'm sure
> it's possible by dissecting the dict representation.  I use a {obj,
> [{},{}]}
> type representation now to handle JSON objects in Erlang.  Any thoughts?
>
> +1 on new JSON BIFs :)  Willing to help in any way I can.
>
> Jonathan Gray

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. --
Oscar Wilde