[erlang-questions] tail of string = 104, bit?

Jos Visser josv@REDACTED
Wed Jul 23 21:42:30 CEST 2008

I guess you mean hd("hej") returning 103. tl("hej") returns "ej".

In Erlang a string is a list of integers. To make a string from an
integer, just make a list out of it:

f(S) -> [hd(S)].

++Jos.ch

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 06:51:03PM +0000 it came to pass that Circular Function wrote:
> when i do tl("hej") I get 104, well I need "h".
> How do I get h amd if not possible how do i convert 104 to string?  or how do i convert string to the other format? is it a bit?

What cannot be shunned must be embraced. That is the Path...