[erlang-questions] truncated list with ellipsis

Russell Brown russell.brown@REDACTED
Sun Jul 20 13:34:57 CEST 2008

Hi,
Total newbie question but not an answer to it so far in the Armstrong
book (brilliant book btw, haven't enjoyed my computer and programming
this much for years) or in the documentation that I installed with
erlang (the erlang reference and the 4 day curse). I tried a google
search for erlang, beam, ellipsis too.

So...just learning the basics and my kid is in the first year at
school and so I made a quick function that does the "Number Bonds" of
N. It works OK but when I run it interactively the list is truncated
and ellipsis are shown instead. Is there anyway I can have see the
total list?

An exmplae would be like this:

1> [{A,B} || A <- lists:seq(0, 50), B <- lists:seq(0, 50), A + B =:=
50].
[{0,50},
  {1,49},
  {2,48},
  {3,47},
  {4,46},
  {5,45},
  {6,44},
  {7,43},
  {8,42},
  {9,41},
  {10,40},
  {11,39},
  {12,38},
  {13,37},
  {14,36},
  {15,35},
  {16,34},
  {17,33},
  {18,32},
  {19,31},
  {20,30},
  {21,29},
  {22,28},
  {23,27},
  {24,26},
  {25,25},
  {26,24},
  {27,...},

Using Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.2 [source] [async-threads:0]
[kernel-poll:false] installed via MacPorts on OS X 10.4.11.

Cheers

Russell