[erlang-questions] Accessing two versions of records when doing transform_table in mnesia

devdoer bird devdoer2@REDACTED
Wed Jul 16 23:44:22 CEST 2008

Hi:
I can use transform_table  to upgrade the table schema in mnesia.

Eg.The version 1 of user record's defination is

-record(user_v1,{uuid,name})

I want to upgrade the user table to version 2

-record(user_v2,{uuid,name,email}).

I can use transform_table like this:

 transform_table(user,fun({user_v1,Uuid,Name})->#user_v2{uuid=Uuid,name=Name,email=""}
end,record_info(fields,user_v2),user_v2).

My question is
1. while the upgrade is in in progress, is the user record I read  either
the version 1 or the version 2 ?That is I can't  be sure one user record's
current version.
2. while the upgrade is in progress,will the modify  of the old user record
be lost?
3. If the 1 and 2 are true,how can I  code two handle them? Shall I have to
have two versions of process code to handle this situation ,like:
process_one_user(UserRecord)->
   case of current_version(UserRecord) of
        v1-> do something;
        v2->do  something