[erlang-questions] reducing size of erlang

Andrew Harris andrew.unit@REDACTED
Tue Jul 15 15:46:11 CEST 2008

Hello,

   I'm new to erlang, but not new to functional programming.  I am
trying to compile erlang for the gumstix platform.  I think I've got
it compiled OK, but the bin/ and lib/ directories that are generated
from make install are really big.  I have read a few things on
removing debugging info by adding an argument to each makefile in
lib/, but this seems really tedious and I'm not sure how or where in
the makefile to do this.  I'm wondering if there is a command I can
pass to configure or something that will remove the debugging info
from the erlang build.  Also, I'm building R10B-10 because this is the
version I see some info on the web about how to build for a new
platform.

any help is appreciated,
-andrew