[erlang-questions] Erlang implementation

Tim Fletcher twoggle@REDACTED
Tue Jul 15 13:52:25 CEST 2008

> BTW, I see you've made a few design decisions about how to build a
> proto compiler.

Quite possibly bad ones; i'm open to criticism/suggestions.

> Did you think it was going to be easier to write a parser in Erlang
> rather than re-target the C++ compiler for Erlang?

I (gladly) have no experience with C++, so yes, the Erlang route is
easier for me.

> Also, I see you've decide against using a parser generator - was there
> a reason why?

Generally just a(nother) personal preference; I enjoy writing parsers
more than I do messing around with grammars and generators. However, I
didn't consciously make that decision in this case, so I might give
yecc a try.