[erlang-questions] Are you using {packet, http} ?

Richard Kelsall r.kelsall@REDACTED
Mon Jul 14 17:23:09 CEST 2008

Sverker Eriksson wrote:
> There is an undocumented socket packet mode that provides HTTP parsing.
> We are planning to make this packet mode official and possibly also
> change the format of the tuples returned in this mode.
> Am I stirring up any worried http-users out there?

This is great. Thank you. I am not using it yet but have played around
with the simple program here :

http://www.trapexit.org/A_fast_web_server_demonstrating_some_undocumented_Erlang_features

that I think uses it :

"The notable thing about this code is the use of undocumented socket
options to set up the initial state of connections made to the web
server port.
{backlog, 30} specifies the length of the OS accept queue.
{packet, http} puts the socket into http mode. ..."

I hope to get round to using this program at some point. I vote in
favour of any improvements you want to make.

Richard.