[erlang-questions] Are you using {packet, http} ?

Hans Huebner hans.huebner@REDACTED
Mon Jul 14 16:41:29 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 16:20, Sverker Eriksson
<sverker@REDACTED> wrote:
> A message from the OTP team:
>
> There is an undocumented socket packet mode that provides HTTP parsing.
[...]
> Am I stirring up any worried http-users out there?

I am currently looking into Erlang because I need a web server front
end that multiplexes many external connections to one HTTP backend
server on a single persistent HTTP/1.1 connection.  I was about to ask
in this list if there are any http client and server libraries that I
could use, and if I understand your message correctly, the HTTP packet
modes are just what I need.  So:  I can't be stirred up, but I'd
really like to play around with this, so if you can point me to source
code or anything else that might help me understand of to put sockets
into HTTP packet mode, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Hans