[erlang-questions] Kai - An Open Source Implementation of Amazon's Dynamo

Takeru INOUE takeru.inoue@REDACTED
Sat Jul 12 17:59:39 CEST 2008

>> is it true that Kai has 2gigs limitation of ets? If yes, the
>> claim that "Scales infinitely" is false.
>
> That's an incorrect conclusion.  The capacity would be
> (capacity per node) X (number of nodes)
>
> In a system like this you could add capacity by adding
> more nodes, not only by making each node bigger.

Yes, by adding more nodes, the capacity can be expanded.

However, this limitation might be restriction in some cases.
We're planning to use multiple tables in a single node, and alleviate
the limitation.