[erlang-questions] Construct parameter dynamically, sometimes illegal?

Hynek Vychodil vychodil.hynek@REDACTED
Fri Jul 11 16:59:11 CEST 2008

{ok, File} = file:open("writebench.data.erl",
                   [write, binary, raw, {delayed_write, 1 bsl 12, 1000}]

will work :)

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Caspar Florian Ebeling <
florian.ebeling@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'm really a bit confused about cases when it is not possible to
> pass parameters which were created dynamically. An example:
> this does not work,
>
>    {ok, File} = file:open("writebench.data.erl",
>                           [write, binary, raw, {delayed_write, math:pow(2,
> 12), 1000}]
>
> but this does,
>
>    {ok, File} = file:open("writebench.data.erl",
>                           [write, binary, raw, {delayed_write, 65536,
> 1000}]
>
> Shouldn't that evaluate to exactly the same thing?
>
> Florian
>
> --
> Florian Ebeling
> florian.ebeling@REDACTED