[erlang-questions] sqlite interface module (and interfacing C libraries in general).

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Fri Jul 11 15:44:25 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Nicola Lugato <nicola.lugato@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello, i was wandering if a module for interfacing sqlite exists.. I
> searched on google but no useful results came out.
> Also, supposing i have a C library (a shared object or dll), how can i
> write a binding for it for erlang?
>
> Thanks, Nicola

Hello,

May you describe for what purposes are you going to use SqlLite with
Erlang? Maybe Mnesia will be enough?

>From Mnesia reference manual:

> Listed below are some of the most important and attractive capabilities, Mnesia provides:
>     * A relational/object hybrid data model which is suitable for telecommunications applications.
>     * A specifically designed DBMS query language, QLC (as an add-on library).
>     * Persistence. Tables may be coherently kept on disc as well as in main memory.
>     * Replication. Tables may be replicated at several nodes.
>     * Atomic transactions. A series of table manipulation operations can be grouped into a single atomic transaction.
>     * Location transparency. Programs can be written without knowledge of the actual location of data.
>     * Extremely fast real time data searches.

For further details take a look at:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/mnesia/index.html

I have no experience in writing bindings for Erlang, hence i'll leave
this part for more experienced erlang hackers.

Best regards,
--
Gleb Peregud
http://gleber.pl/