[erlang-questions] What happens after you submit an EEP?

Thu Jul 10 09:28:40 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 04:27:58PM +1200, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> I submitted a new EEP yesterday, and another one just now.
> What is the process from here on?

I am sorry we have not seen any of them. As I read
http://www.erlang.org/eep.html and
http://www.erlang.org/eeps/eep-0001.html I notice it is not
crystal clear that the mail address eeps@REDACTED is
and as all the other lists, also stated at
http://www.erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/eeps it is a closed list
so you have to be a member to post.

The process from here on is otherwise as described in:
http://www.erlang.org/eeps/eep-0001.html, EEP Work flow:
:
:
The EEP champion then emails the EEP editor <eeps@REDACTED> with a proposed
title and a rough, but fleshed out, draft of the EEP. This draft must be
written in EEP style as described below.

If the EEP editor approves, he will assign the EEP a number, label it as
Standards Track or Process, give it status "Draft", and create and check-in
the initial draft of the EEP. The EEP editor will not unreasonably deny
a EEP. Reasons for denying EEP status include duplication of effort,
being technically unsound, not providing proper motivation or addressing
backwards compatibility, or not in keeping with the Erlang philosophy.

If a pre-EEP is rejected, the author may elect to take the pre-EEP
to the erlang-questions@REDACTED mailing list to help flesh it out,
gain feedback and consensus from the community at large, and improve
the EEP for re-submission.

The author of the EEP is then responsible for posting the EEP to the
community forums, and marshaling community support for it. As updates
are necessary, the EEP author can check in new versions if they have
SVN commit permissions, or can email new EEP versions to
the EEP editor for committing.
:
: