[erlang-questions] Error 403 for planeterlang.org

Bruce Fitzsimons Bruce@REDACTED
Wed Jul 9 09:18:45 CEST 2008

jm wrote:
> Attempting to access http://www.planeterlang.org/ I recieve
>
> Error 403
> www.planeterlang.org
> mer 09 jui 2008 08:37:31 CEST
> Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE)
>

> from the 203.221.x.x range (Australia). I tried to email the address in
> the error message but this bounces. If someone on this list maintains,
> or can contact the maintainer, of this site: any chance of having this
> fixed?

Hi Jim,

I believe, being in Australasia, we're being tarred with a large brush
and blocked due to previous bouts of spam originating from parts of
Asia. I'm in New Zealand and have the same problem, despite a few
requests to unblock my range. (203.97.x.x)

It makes planeterlang rather less than useful, and I've thought about
starting a competing, less feature-rich, planet'o'erlang for the rest of
us. But it would be nicer for everyone if a different, let me say less
aggressive,  way of solving the problem was found.

Regards,
Bruce