[erlang-questions] Trouble with OTP

Tom Ayerst tom.ayerst@REDACTED
Fri Jul 4 22:39:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am running Kevin Smith's Mochiweb OTP example (
http://weblog.hypotheticalabs.com/?p=226) but I cannot get it to start.
Could anyone give me some hints on interpreting the error messages?  I am
running it on Windows.  I am not very familiar with debugging OTP yet.

Thanks

Tom

$ erl -boot file_server-1

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::20:07:13 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.32.0>},
                       {name,alarm_handler},
                       {mfa,{alarm_handler,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::20:07:13 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.33.0>},
                       {name,overload},
                       {mfa,{overload,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::20:07:13 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.31.0>},
                       {name,sasl_safe_sup},
                       {mfa,
                           {supervisor,start_link,
                               [{local,sasl_safe_sup},sasl,safe]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,infinity},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::20:07:13 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.34.0>},
                       {name,release_handler},
                       {mfa,{release_handler,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::20:07:13 ===
         application: sasl
          started_at: nonode@REDACTED

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::20:07:13 ===
         application: sasl
          started_at: nonode@REDACTED

=CRASH REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::20:07:13 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.37.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {bad_return,
                        {{mime_typer_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                         {'EXIT',
                             {undef,
                                 [{mime_typer_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                                  {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    initial call: application_master:init(<0.5.0>,<0.36.0>,
                                          {appl_data,mime_typer,
                                           [mime_typer],
                                           undefined,
                                           {mime_typer_app,[]},
                                           [mime_typer,mime_typer_app],
                                           [],infinity,infinity},
                                          normal)
    ancestors: [<0.36.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.38.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.36.0>,<0.5.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 377
    stack_size: 23
    reductions: 88
  neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::20:07:13 ===
    application: mime_typer
    exited: {bad_return,
                {{mime_typer_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                 {'EXIT',
                     {undef,
                         [{mime_typer_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                          {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
    type: permanent
{"Kernel pid
terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,mime_typer,{bad_return,{{mime_typer_app,start,[normal,[]]},{'EXIT',{undef,[{mime_typer_app,start,[normal,[]]},{application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}}"}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump