[erlang-questions] New module syntax and semantics?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Jul 2 03:11:58 CEST 2008

On 2 Jul 2008, at 8:59 am, Juan Jose Comellas wrote:

-record(fs_channel_event, {..lots..,extra}).
-record(fs_channel_answer_event, {..several..}).
-record(fs_channel_hangup_event, {..several..}).

> The code that receives the events is unnecessary cumbersome because
> it needs to work with a record within a record. If this was
> encapsulated within a parameterized module, it would become much
> cleaner.

I don't quite see how it would, unless, no, you _couldn't_
be thinking of making a module instance for each channel?

It's certainly not clear that so heavy a sledgehammer is
needed for this nut.  Can you provide an example of the
'unnecessarily cumbersome code' so we can see if it can
be clarified another way?