[erlang-questions] Signal handling (TERM, INT etc)

Claes Wikström klacke@REDACTED
Tue Jul 1 22:20:36 CEST 2008

Lev Walkin wrote:

> Second, you can create a linked-in driver which sends a message
> back to a corresponding server. This allows you to intercept signals
> directly instead of relying on some external notificator.

Mind you not in the signalhandler though - that will break major
havoc with the runtime. There is no good way as far as I know to
have a sighandler in Erlang.

Only possible solution I see is to

1. Have a socket setup from the driver to the beam (over loopback)
2. in the sighandler write some data on the socket.

/klacke