[erlang-questions] split windows side by side in emacs?

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Tue Jul 1 18:47:37 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Raimo Niskanen
<raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 01:21:16PM +0000, not norwegian swede wrote:
>> how can i split windows side by side in emacs?
>
> Try C-h b
> then change buffer an search for "window" with
> C-s w i n d o w C-s C-s ...
>
> Or even C-h ? then b
>
> And the answer is: C-x 3
>
> Try these also:
> C-x 2
> C-x 1
> C-x 3
> C-x 0

I don't want erlang-questions to be an Emacs Help
channel but as many voices are already active in this
discussion I might chime in with mentioning that if
you use split buffers/windows it's cool to set
some bindings for easily navigating up/down/left/right:
(windmove-default-keybindings 'meta)
(global-set-key [M-left] 'windmove-left)          ; move to left windnow
(global-set-key [M-right] 'windmove-right)        ; move to right window
(global-set-key [M-up] 'windmove-up)              ; move to upper window
(global-set-key [M-down] 'windmove-down)          ; move to downer window

the bound keys might of course not suit everyone's settings
depending on what else one has configured.