[erlang-questions] .emacs file, where?

not norwegian swede notnorwegian@REDACTED
Tue Jul 1 12:48:12 CEST 2008

thanks

i get:
c:/Users/saftarn/AppData/Roaming

but there is no .emacs file. should i create it then?

what should it be called?

c:/Users/saftarn/AppData/Roaming/.emacs ?

then i put
(setq load-path (cons  "C:/Program Files/erl<Ver>/lib/tools-<ToolsVer>/emacs"
      load-path))
      (setq erlang-root-dir "C:/Program Files/erl<Ver>")
      (setq exec-path (cons "C:/Program Files/erl<Ver>/bin" exec-path))
      (require 'erlang-start)in it?

is the erlang shell then running from within emacs?

--- Den tis 2008-07-01 skrev Pierpaolo Bernardi <olopierpa@REDACTED>:
Från: Pierpaolo Bernardi <olopierpa@REDACTED>
Ämne: Re: [erlang-questions] .emacs file, where?
Till: notnorwegian@REDACTED
Kopia: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Datum: tisdag 1 juli 2008 12.27

On 7/1/08, not norwegian swede <notnorwegian@REDACTED> wrote:

Hi

Im new to emacs. Where do I find the .emacs-file?

It is not in my emacs filder and neither desktop search or google desktop search can find it.

if i have to create it, where should it be placed?

In the directory which is the value of the environment variable HOME, i.e.

- Type C-x C-f (the command find-file)
- delete the proposed path
- type in it's place $HOME and the enter key.

You will be shown the directory where emacs expects to find the .emacs file.

P.