[erlang-questions] R12B-1 dialyzer 'Unsupported primop' error

John Webb jwebb@REDACTED
Thu Feb 28 14:33:39 CET 2008

In R12B-1 the following seemingly correct (if not so useful) program
yields the error {'Unsupported primop', bs_context_to_binary} when
dialyzer runs with the "Old Style" analysis option.

     -module(test).
     -compile(export_all).
     start(<<>>) -> ok.

The compiler seems to emit the primop when the function arguments
contain a binary match and there is no final catch-all clause. My code
runs as expected so I am assuming  this is a dialyzer issue?

John