[erlang-questions] Binary pattern matching inconsistencies with R12B

Rory Byrne rory@REDACTED
Fri Feb 29 22:42:48 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 09:32:24PM +0200, Kostis Sagonas wrote:

> I confirm your experiences.  Mine are slightly different than yours, but
> the end results are the same; see below.  This is with the most recent
> development version.  I suspect a GC-related.

Thanks Kostis. Bit of a relief really - I wasn't exactly making a
whole lot of progess fixing my code!

> PS. Surprisingly, I cannot manage to get a seg-fault if I compile
>      to native code. [using hipe:c() instead of c()]

Excellent. I just tried hipe on the amd64 machine and no seg-fault.
Oddly hipe doesn't seem to be enabled on my i386 even though
I compiled it the same way as the amd64 version.

As an added bonus, I was stearing clear of hipe because I had
read somewhere that there was problems with running it on
a xen instance (due to the threading library used if I recall).
However, the amd64 machine I just tried it on is a xen
instance, so that looks promising. So, thanks again!

Rory