[erlang-questions] disk_log and MD5 of big terms

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu Feb 28 22:14:22 CET 2008

Howdy.  I'm quite curious why disk_log insists on calculating the MD5
checksum of terms larger than approx 64KB.  What's the reason behind it?

Reading between the lines ... I'm wondering if it has anything to do
with the interaction between spanning 64KB "chunks" (as written into a
log file) and log file repair?  If so, why not also checksum a single
chunk, if log file repair has problems with big items?

-Scott