[erlang-questions] filelib:fold_files (file:list_dir) and unicode filesystems

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Tue Feb 26 09:40:10 CET 2008

Greetings,

How do you mean "invisible to erlang"?

I have a file called åäö. It was created in a plan9 tool
(http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/acme.html) and plan9 uses unicode
throughout (http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/utf.html). Using default
settings on unix the file is displayed as åäö. Using erlang the file
is also åäö .
; erl
Eshell V5.5.5.5  (abort with ^G)
2> ls().