[erlang-questions] Internal error in v3_codegen on Linux@REDACTED

Sergei Golovan sgolovan@REDACTED
Fri Feb 22 14:10:13 CET 2008

On 2/22/08, Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@REDACTED> wrote:

> I can't reproduce this problem on either a USII running Aurora Linux with
>  gcc-4.2.3 + kernel 2.6.25-rc2, or a dual USIIIi running Solaris 9 with gcc-4.2.3.

Thanks for the info. Debian on USII works just fine, so, the problem
is likely in Linux kernel on USIII (or Debian kernel on USIII). I
don't think that it's connected with glibc or gcc version because it
crashed on glibc2.5-2.7 and gcc 4.1-4.3.

>  Thus it may be a generic USIII problem in the Linux kernel, or it may be
>  a problem with one of the many patches Debian applies to the kernel, the
>  gcc used to compile the kernel, the regular gcc (which may or may not be
>  the one used to compiler the kernel), glibc, and finally Erlang/OTP (yes
>  I noticed you patched Erlang too).

It's true, though there's only one sparc-specific patch (it removes
some optimization whish caused crashes in the past, when Erlang was
supposed to be built on 32-bit Sparcs too).

--
Sergei Golovan