[erlang-questions] Practical Erlang Programming

Jan Henry Nystrom jan@REDACTED
Fri Feb 22 11:02:03 CET 2008

Dave Bryson wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2008, at 5:41 PM, Benjamin Tolputt wrote:
>>  I don't need another one of those on my shelf.
>> What I need is a book that shows me how to get the most out of the
>> Erlang library building blocks - namely OTP.
>
> I agree.  This is exactly the kind of book I'm looking for - one that
> goes deeper into OTP, and Concurrent programming.
>
> With the material available on the Erlang site and the definitive
> guide from Joe Armstrong I don't need another basic book.

We have to take on thing at the time. If we were to cater to everyones
demands in this one book it would be too heavy to get of the bookshelf,
let alone read comfortably. We are very aware of the different needs
for books, but we believe that this one is needed and that it will
help to pave the way for a OTP-book, and more others to follow.

/Cheers Henry (co-author of Practical Erlang Programming)

Training Manager @ Erlang Training and Consulting Ltd
http://www.erlang-consulting.com