[erlang-questions] Practical Erlang Programming

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Thu Feb 21 22:50:31 CET 2008

Hi Vat,

There will be a chapter on behaviors, but unfortunately, not with the
level of detail you are asking for. Our main goal is to cover Erlang in
depth. Make sure that newbies struggling with recursion can easily
understand it or developers being exposed to pattern matching for the
first time use it optimally. The contents of the book are pretty much
outlined by the introductory Erlang courses Jan-Henry and I have been
giving in the last decade, and based on the knowledge and experience
gained when teaching. We know which students struggle where, and try to
address it in the book. We plan to cover less than Joe, but more in
depth. In these lines, we are very interested in hearing what others
feel we should include in such a book.

We have lots of ideas on OTP, but that in itself is a completely
different beast we hope to tackle as soon as this book is out. So hope
you have a bit of patience and bear with us....

Regards,
Francesco

PS. The correct title is "Practical Erlang Programming"
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com