[erlang-questions] rotating logs dont work

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Wed Feb 20 19:10:40 CET 2008

hello,

I'm sure this is another stupid question with an obvious answer, but I can't
seem to get rotating logs to work. This is my log.config file:
[{sasl, [
            % tty for debugging, false for production
            {sasl_error_logger, tty},

            {errlog_type, all},

            {errlog_logger_mf_dir, "/Users/rapsey/workspace/erlang/logs"},

            {errlog_logger_mf_maxbytes, 8388608},

            {errlog_logger_mf_maxfiles, 20}
        ]}].

The erl command: erl -boot start_sasl -config log
Nothing gets put in the logs directory.

If I change log.config to only use 1 log file:

[{sasl, [
            {sasl_error_logger, {file,
"/Users/rapsey/workspace/erlang/logs/log"}}
        ]}].

Messages will be logged just fine.
Anyone know what I'm forgetting?

thank you,