[erlang-questions] Auto generated functions

Hynek Vychodil vychodil.hynek@REDACTED
Thu Feb 7 13:30:14 CET 2008

It is possible to add this() functionality by macro expansion without
various number of parameters. But varios number of parameters can be done by
some parse transformation. In this case I think this() is really only
syntactic sugar. Just add letrec syntax element and you can forgot this().

-module(recurrent).
-export([lenGen/0, duplicateGen/0]).
-define(RC(P), (_This, P)).
-define(This, _This).
-define(Recur(F), begin _G = F, fun(_param) -> _G(_G,_param) end end).

lenGen() ->
    ?Recur(fun?RC([]) -> 0;
            ?RC([_|T]) -> ?This?RC(T)+1
            end).