[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R12B-1 has been released

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Wed Feb 6 22:30:43 CET 2008

Holger Hoffstaette writes:

 > Generic source:
 > http://hoho.dyndns.org/~holger/dist/otp_src_R12B-1.tar.gz.torrent

As far as I can see, erlang.org doesn't post checksums of any sort.
How can I know this isn't a trojan? (apart from downloading a copy from
erlang.org and comparing, which would defeat the point)

The erlang.org site has four mirrors, which are listed here:

  http://erlang.org/mirrors.html

The mirrors can be trusted at least to the extent that the people
running erlang.org trust them enough to list them as mirrors.

I just checked that the high bandwidth Stockholm University mirror has
the new source. It does, though I know it didn't earlier today when it
was needed most.

Seems Erlang's popularity is growing faster than the OTP group's
outbound bandwidth.

Matthias