[erlang-questions] lfe shell via lfe_boot

Raoul Duke raould@REDACTED
Wed Dec 17 01:21:18 CET 2008

> erl -noshell -noinput -s lfe_boot start
> What I am wondering is how you have set your paths so it can find all the
> files? I assume that as you have no problems running the compiler they are
> set up right, but if you are having having problems this may be the cause.
> Let me know.

i'm using cygwin on winxp, running bash in emacs. the bash path
includes erl5.6.5/bin but nothing else erl or lfe related. when i run
just erl (i run it from the erl5.6.5 directory) i can use
lfe_comp:file/1 no problem. but when i try the lfe shell i get the
badarg error (below).

is there anybody else using winxp who can get the lfe shell working?
what is your setup, if you can? how about winxp+cygwin?

Error in process <0.27.0> with exit value:
{badarg,[{erlang,register,[user,<0.28.0>]},{user,start_port,1}]}

thanks!