[erlang-questions] gen behaviors and global groups

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Fri Aug 29 03:39:53 CEST 2008

You are right - both gen_{fsm,server} have enter_loop/5 and
get_proc_name/1 that require very similar patching.  Though the original
question still stands.  I take a guess that perhaps global groups where
introduced later, and the implementation of gen behaviors wasn't brought
up to speed to include this feature.  If that's the case, perhaps the
implementation can be safely adjusted as it shouldn't break any legacy
code, yet be quite useful for large deployments.

Serge