[erlang-questions] Looking for examples of interaction between gen_server and gen_fsm

Matt Williamson dawsdesign@REDACTED
Thu Aug 28 19:47:36 CEST 2008

The gen_server can start a tcp server and then call gen_fsm:start_link/3 in
the init callback and put the PID from the result {ok, PID} in state. As
things come through the tcp in gen_server, you can use
gen_fsm:sync_send_event/3 to send the event to the gen_fsm and it will reply
to tell the gen_server what to do and the gen_fsm will keep track of state.

If the gen_fsm dies, the gen_server will be restarted as well, unless you
put process_flag(trap_exit, true) in the init callback.