[erlang-questions] Erlang R12B3 inet_ssl_dist (SSL distribution) with ssl-3.9?

Kenji Rikitake kenji.rikitake@REDACTED
Tue Aug 26 04:45:43 CEST 2008

Thanks Attila.  I'm new to Erlang so your help is appreciated.

I've tried the application:start/1 function, but things didn't change.
The ssl-3.9/src/ssl_sup.hrl in R12B3 explicity disables the old
ssl_server in the boot-time process registration by init([]).

I also discovered ssl_esock port driver crashed with SIGSEGV on FreeBSD,
when the net_kernel:start tries to listen to an SSL port.

Testing this on WinXP SP3 hangs up the Erlang shell and no response
returned, while the Ctrl-G intervention worked.

I should conclude that at least the manual of ssl module about
inet_ssl_dist (Section 5) should be thoroughly revised.  So I cross-post
this message to erlang-bugs also.

Regards,
Kenji Rikitake

In the message <597c69660808250928o1699dec6ucbdbeedf503ae663@REDACTED>
dated Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 06:27:43PM +0200,