[erlang-questions] How to understand this message from erlc?

Bjorn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Mon Aug 25 09:02:58 CEST 2008

> The core file is rather large (about 6000 lines of Core Erlang),
> autogenerated from Haskell Yhc core.
>
> Is it possible to get a line number where erlc crashed from this
> message or any other information to identify the offending case
> clause?

You can uncomment the io:fwrite/2 call in the following function at the
beginning of beam_trim.erl

function({function,Name,Arity,CLabel,Is0}) ->
    %%ok = io:fwrite("~w: ~p\n", [?LINE,{Name,Arity}]),
    St = #st{safe=safe_labels(Is0, []),lbl=beam_utils:index_labels(Is0)},
    Is = trim(Is0, St, []),
    {function,Name,Arity,CLabel,Is}.

to printout the name of the offending function.

> I am not attaching the core file because of its size, but may provide
> it upon request.

If you can identify the offending function and provide a smaller core file,
I can have a look.

> Is there any limit on the core source size, number of nested
> constructs, line length, etc? I use R12B-1.

No.

/Bjorn