[erlang-questions] Circular list

yoursurrogategod@REDACTED yoursurrogategod@REDACTED
Mon Aug 25 02:42:31 CEST 2008

*lol* Finally one of my posts get here ^_^ .

Ok, back on topic.

Here is a link to the man page about the queue module.

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/queue.html

I found this part interesting.

All operations has an amortized O(1) running time, except len/1, join/
2, split/2 and filter/2 that are O(n). To minimize the size of a queue
minimizing the amount of garbage built by queue operations, the queues
do not contain explicit length information, and that is why len/1 is
O(n). If better performance for this particular operation is
essential, it is easy for the caller to keep track of the length.

Worst case you'll need to tack on a length function that keeps track
of a limit.