[erlang-questions] Need help with simple_one_for_one

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Wed Aug 20 19:03:47 CEST 2008

In your implementation it's possible that the init/1 call returns:

{ok, State, StateData} | ok

The second return type is not valid (the Else clause in case statement).

(I doubt that this is actually the error you are hitting as if the init
function is not called it means that you are not starting gen_fsm
correctly via gen_fsm:start_link(Module, Args::list(), [])).

Also, before you start debugging processes based on gen behaviors enable
SASL so that the error reports are more verbose:

	erl -boot start_sasl

Serge