[erlang-questions] beginner question

Matt Williamson dawsdesign@REDACTED
Sun Aug 17 18:27:40 CEST 2008

He's right. You are running the function once and passing the return value
for every iteration. Your modified program should look like this:

-module(scrap).
-compile(export_all).

set_seed_to_now() ->
   {A1, A2, A3} = now(),
   random:seed( A1, A2, A3 ).

for( Max, Max, F ) ->
   [*F()*];
for( I, Max, F ) ->
   [*F()*|for( I+1, Max, F )].

random_tuple( Max ) ->
   { random:uniform( Max ), random:uniform( Max ) }.

random_tuples( Max, Num ) ->
   set_seed_to_now(),
   for( 1, Num, *fun() -> random_tuple( Max ) end* ).