[erlang-questions] How to get the line number of current executable code?

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Sun Aug 17 11:51:37 CEST 2008

--- On Sat, 8/16/08, Howard Yeh <hayeah@REDACTED> wrote:
>  In the AST transformation code for my pet lisp frontend,
> it's often
>  hard to tell where a pattern match failed, b/c there can
> be many
>  matches within a single function.
>
>  It would be /very/ helpful if running in debugging mode
> gives me the
>  line #. I can live with performance penalty at development
> time...

I'm not sure if this helps in your case, but if you're satisfied with getting line numbers in your exceptions, try smart_exceptions from jungerl. It's a parse transform, so it works without the debugger.

Best,
Thomas