[erlang-questions] How to get the line number of current executable code?

Howard Yeh hayeah@REDACTED
Sat Aug 16 21:41:01 CEST 2008

On 8/16/08, Richard Carlsson <richardc@REDACTED> wrote:

 >  If you're actually running in interpreted mode (debugging mode), you
 >  do get the current line, but it's a couple of orders of magmitude
 >  slower, so you don't want to do that for all your code.

How do I run the vm in debugging mode?

 In the AST transformation code for my pet lisp frontend, it's often
 hard to tell where a pattern match failed, b/c there can be many
 matches within a single function.

 It would be /very/ helpful if running in debugging mode gives me the
 line #. I can live with performance penalty at development time...