[erlang-questions] Amazon S3 and SQS implemenation in Erlang

Viktor Sovietov victor.sovetov@REDACTED
Fri Aug 15 02:42:25 CEST 2008

It seems that the thing you need is a good distributed filesystem. There are
solutions able to serve 1GB/s datastream for hundreds TB storage with
installation price ~$1600-2000/TB. Though, you won't be able to use common
hardware, it'll require fast interconnect, at least.

Sincerely,

--Viktor

Hi Jan,

Like CouchDB's introduction pointed, it's not a reliable DB like S3.

What I'm looking after is a free, simple, and reliable (with
replication suport) library to store large
number (thousands to million) of very big files (>1gb per file) on
secondary storage.

Scalaris project is a right candidate but too big in my opinion.
I'm simply looking for something simple.

Anyway, many thanks.

cheers
Y.