[erlang-questions] Auto recompilation

Paul Guyot pguyot@REDACTED
Wed Aug 13 09:18:47 CEST 2008

Hello,

Do you know of an auto-recompilation server, i.e. a process that
looks for changes in source files and recompiles whatever changed in
the background?

There is eunit's watcher, but from I gather reading the source, it is
not an auto-recompilation server. It is opt-in (you must declare
modules to watch), it doesn't recompile and it uses code:purge/1
instead of code:soft_purge/1 (which can kill a process).

I've cooked a simple one, but since this is a very small (<200 lines)
albeit useful program, I guess there should be a more mature
implementation around, but I couldn't find one with a Google search.

Paul