[erlang-questions] Low Level Socket Example

Marc Eisenbarth Marc_Eisenbarth@REDACTED
Tue Aug 12 21:50:11 CEST 2008

> Why can't you use gen_tcp? Do you really need to implement OS level APIs
> in
> Erlang? Erlang really isn't the right language for raw socket
> manipulation.
> Try out C.

gen_tcp will do the entire TCP session setup for me, so it's not appropriate for my task. Just because C might be better for this task, doesn't mean it's better for the rest of my program. In fact, there's are at least 2 examples of projects that implement network stacks in Erlang, so at least a few people out there that would disagree with you and instead agree that there is some merit in using Erlang :)
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx