[erlang-questions] how: best way to deal with floats in eunit?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo@REDACTED
Tue Aug 12 17:02:07 CEST 2008

>> That's exactly how it's done in a few other unittesting frameworks.
>
> Yes, I know. My question is: if the "floating-point people" out there
> could have their say before I implement an approximates-assert, would
> this be the form they'd prefer before any other?

What do you mean by the "floating point-people"?  Are you looking for the
IEEE 754 implementers?

I do deal with testing of floating point values very frequently, and you've
asked for "some input as regards how such an assertion should work",
which was exactly what was provided hoping it'd be useful as a data
point.  I won't bother next time.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net