[erlang-questions] Naive questions about jinterface

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid@REDACTED
Tue Aug 12 09:49:17 CEST 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> 2008/8/12 Dmitrii Dimandt <dmitriid@REDACTED>:
>> public class ServerNode {
>>
>> public static void main (String[] _args) throws Exception{
>> OtpNode self = new OtpNode("jinode@REDACTED", "cookie");
>> OtpMbox mbox = self.createMbox("jimbox");

>> Now it is my understanding that if I start erl with:
>> erl -name clientnode@REDACTED -setcookie cookie
>>
>> I can send messages to the Java node like this:
>> {echo, 'jinode@REDACTED'} ! {self(), msg}
>
> Hi,
>
> Shouldn't that be either
>    {jimbox, 'jinode@REDACTED'} ! {self(), msg}
> or
>    OtpMbox mbox = self.createMbox("echo");
> ?

Yeah, it should :) I noticed the error after I sent the message. I've
double checked my code and I now see I'm a complete idiot :)

The message actually reaches the Java node. The response never reaches
my client erlang node, but that is a problem in the erlang code.

I feel silly :)