[erlang-questions] capabilities

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Tue Aug 12 03:40:31 CEST 2008

Sorry for polluting the list with a non-Erlang question, but since I
know that there are a number of Solaris experts on the list, I though I
could get an advice.

I may need to port my Erlang Linux-based C port program to Solaris, and
the program takes advantage of Linux capabilities (*) CAP_SYS_NICE and
CAP_SETUID.  Poking around man pages on Solaris didn't help in
determining if Solaris has similar features (or if they can be
accomplished by some different means).  Does anyone know if it's
possible for a non-root user (after issuing a setuid() call) to retain
ability to impersonate as a different effective user id or adjust
process's niceness on the negative side?

Serge

(*) man 7 capabilities