[erlang-questions] "Design patterns" for functional languages?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Aug 8 02:39:10 CEST 2008

On 8 Aug 2008, at 10:53 am, David Mitchell wrote:

> I think Patrick makes several good points here, as do others in this
> thread.
>
> Maybe the ideal format for an Erlang book on "design patterns" is
> along the lines of the "Ruby Cookbook", "Perl Cookbook", "Python
> Cookbook" and probably many other books covering other languages that
> have been released by O'Reilly.

Er, we *have* an Erlang cookbook.
http://www.trapexit.org/Category:CookBook

Certainly it's far from exhaustive, but maybe we could improve it?
Perhaps someone might like to add a recipe 'Unique keys' that
explains about {now(),node()}.