[erlang-questions] "Design patterns" for functional languages?

Sten Kvamme sten@REDACTED
Thu Aug 7 21:23:41 CEST 2008

I have always considered anti-patterns to be more interesting than
patterns. Learning from other peoples mistakes is not limiting the
creativity like patterns is doing. Studying patterns and re-doing
other peoples solutions is downright boring.

The pattern movement started with Christoper Alexander trying to
teach less great architects to create quality-without -a-name. The
experiment was not successful, the less great architects could not
create  quality-without -a-name despite the extensive help from
Christopher's patterns.

/Sten Kvamme