[erlang-questions] Selective receive issue

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Aug 6 10:04:32 CEST 2008

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 09:51, Mats Cronqvist <mats.cronqvist@REDACTED>wrote:
>
>> Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
>>
>>> There is still a problem with that (albeit a small one): if tracing the
>>> system with dbg, the traced processes get spurious 'timeout' messages
>>> directly, regardless of any proxies trying to protect them.
>>>

>>  que? if so, surely that's a bug? and a pretty bad one at that.

It isn't a bug, it's just me. I had several bugs and I attributed the
effects to the wrong cause, sorry for the noise.

The 'timeout' message is of course the way the trace shows that an "after N"
clause has been chosen. It feels a little uneasy that the trace printout is
indistinguishable from the process having received the atom 'timeout' in a
message.

best regards,
Vlad