[erlang-questions] Problem building an OTP release

Kevin A. Smith kevin@REDACTED
Fri Aug 1 21:40:40 CEST 2008

I'm trying to put together an OTP release and have run into a snag.
I've got what I think is a valid .rel file (attached to this mail) and
am using systools to generate the release tarball. After I copy
the .rel file and tarball into my releases directory I call
release_handler:unpack_release/1 to unapck the release so I can
install it.

When I call release_handler:unpack_release/1 I get this error message:

{error,{enoent,"/repos/prototyping/releases/0.1/vertebra.rel"}

where 'vertebra' is the name of my release. And sure enough, when I
look in the tarball itself I see that the .rel file is iin releases/
not /release/0.1. I'd appreciate any pointers on what I might be doing
wrong.  FWIW, this is on OS X 10.5.4 with R12-B3.

Thanks,
Kevin